Asian handicap: useful tips and suggestions

January 15, 2019 | In: Asian Handicap

The Asian handicap is a perfect form for bettors looking for an alternative to the ordinary 1X2 form.

The term was coined by journalist Joe Saumarez Smith in November 1998. He was asked by an Indonesian bookmaker, Joe Phan, to provide a translation of the betting method that has been called “hang cheng betting” in Asia.

Although the concept of Asian Handicap may seem complex at first glance, after a more in-depth and detailed look at this guide, it will be natural and very easy to become familiar with this type of betting.

Introduction to the Asian Handicap technique

In any football game it is always possible to notice a more or less evident qualitative difference between the two teams. This difference is conditioned by a number of factors, such as the players’ state of shape and their value, the club’s financial resources, disqualifications, injuries and the field factor.

After carefully analyzing this multiplicity of variables, bookmakers translate data into the probability of success for each team through odds.

Analyzing the different chances of success for the two teams, when the difference between the two teams is remarkable, the outcome of the match automatically becomes easier to predict, and this translates into rather low odds and therefore does not allow you to have big winnings .

The Asian Handicap is a form of betting that penalizes teams based on their status, making sure that a team considered stronger and emblazoned must win with more goals in order to win those who bet on it.

In addition, the Asian Handicap reduces the number of outcomes from 3 (in the traditional 1X2 system) to 2, eliminating the outcome of a draw. This process increases the odds of guessing the forecast, which no longer stands at 33% as in the standard form 1X2. In this way, the two team victory outcomes reach 50% probability of occurring, thus increasing by 17%.

Asian Handicap: balanced bets

A balanced Asian Handicap bet is offered when there is no difference between the chances of winning the two teams: both start the game with 0 goals. The bettor will point, in this case. on the generic winner of the meeting.

In the event of a tie, given that the result is considered void, the bet is refunded.

Asian Handicap: single bets

A single Asian Handicap wager is ideal when there is a wide difference between the odds of winning the two teams.

The best team will then be awarded a handicap goal to eliminate the qualitative difference with the opposing team. For example, it will start the match with -0.5, -1, -1.5 and -2 goals.

Asian Handicap: “Split” bets

An Asian Handicap split (divided) bet is possible when the estimated difference between the odds of winning of the two teams is less defined.

The system allows you to divide your bet on a team with two handicaps, for example, the favorite team could start the game with (0 & -0.5), (-0.5 & -1) and (-1 & -1.5) goals .

Benefits of Asian Handicap bets

You can trade Asian Handicaps in play to meet specific needs, allowing you to trade just as you would in any other football market – place pre-game bets to give you trade-out opportunities, or use the Asian Handicap market during the game for block a profit.

In addition, there are many advantages to betting on Asian handicap markets: even if the team you have supported is defeated, your bet can still be winning, or be canceled, depending on the handicap. This reduces the risk of losing the bet compared to a 1X2 market.

Asian handicaps are the chosen market for many professional bettors, which means that the market tends to offer better value. The betting margins are lower as the draw has been removed, giving you more chances to earn a profit over time. By eliminating the perceived difference between two teams, it gives bettors more value on highly favored teams.

Application to bets

After the following article, it will be much easier to interact with this new type of betting. The Asian Handicap can be, in addition to a more attractive and innovative system, also an opportunity to increase winnings over time, due to the increased probability of success compared to more traditional methods.

Comments are closed.

Categories

Follow us

twitter facebook google plus youtube

18+ Gamble reponsible

You must be 18 years old or over to use this site. Please bet responsibly.