Asian Handicap Explained

May 28, 2010 | In: Asian Handicap

What is asian handicap?

Asian handicap is a betting method which eliminates the draw possibility and lets you only two options to bet. This can be a very useful betting option for a lot of football games. First of all, you’ll have 50% chances for each of the two options, instead the 33.33% chances you have if you bet on the classic 1×2.
Asian betting examples
0:0 Asian Handicap

Some bookies will call this type of bet DNB (draw no bet). This means that if you bet on a team, no matter which one, and the game will end with a draw, the stake is refunded.

Let’s take a game, Liverpool – Everton as an example. You choose to bet 10 units on Liverpool +0 at 1.85 odds. As I’ve already said, if the game ends with a draw, your stake will be refunded. But if Liverpool wins the game, you will win 18.5 units. So, a profit of 8.5 units. How can you loose this bet? I think you guessed, if Everton wins the game your bet will be lost. It’s a good betting choice when you want to bet on a team’s win, but you have some doubts that the game can go to a draw.

Summary:
Game: Liverpool +0 – 1.85, Everton +0 – 1.95

You bet on Liverpool +0 , 10 units at 1.85 odds.
If Liverpool wins you take 18.5 units in return, if there is draw you will take your 10 units back with no profit, and if Everton wins, you will loose the bet.

0:1/4 Asian Handicap (-0.25/+0.25)

This bet will give us more options. You can win the bet, win only half of the profit, loose the bet or loose only half of stake. See the example below to understand how it works.

Summary:
Game: AS Roma -0.25 – 1.80, Lazio Roma +0.25 – 2.00

You bet on Liverpool -0.25 , 10 units at 1.80 odds.
If Roma wins you take 18 units in return, if there is draw you will loose half of stake, taking 5 units back, and if Lazio wins, you will loose the bet.

You bet on Lazio +0.25 , 10 units at 2.00 odds.
If Lazio wins you take 20 units in return, if there is draw you will win half of profit, total return of 15, and if AS Roma wins, you will loose the bet.

0:1/2 Asian Handicap (-0.5/+0.5)

This type of bet eliminates the draw option and transform the classical 1×2 in 1 (-0.5) and x2 (+0.5). So, the +0.5 bet gives you 66.66% chances to win the bet and the -0.5 bet gives you only 33.33%. There is no option which gives your money back or which will return you only half of profit. You can win, or you can loose the whole stake.

Summary:
Game: Bayern Munchen -0.5 – 1.90, Borussia Dortmund +0.5 – 1.95

You bet on Bayern -0.5 , 10 units at 1.90 odds.
If Bayern wins you take 19 units in return. For any other result, your bet is lost.

You bet on Borussia +0.5 , 10 units at 1.95 odds.
If Bayern wins you loose all the stake. If Borussia wins or the game ends with a draw you will win.

0:3/4 Asian Handicap (-0.75/+0.5)

Summary:
Game: Marseille -0.75 – 1.95, PSG +0.75 – 1.90

You bet on Marseille -0.75 , 10 units at 1.95 odds.
If Marseille wins with 2 goals difference you take 19.5 units in return. If they win only with 1 goal difference you will get only haf of profit, that means a total return of 14.75 units (4.75 units in profit). For any other result, your bet is lost.

You bet on PSG +0.75 , 10 units at 1.90 odds.
If PSG wins the game, are the games ends with a draw, you will win the bet and have a return of 19 units. If Marseille wins by 1 goal, you will loose half of stake and get back 5 units. If Marseille wins by 2 or more goals, you loose all the units.

0:1 Asian Handicap (-1/+1)

Summary:
Game: Ajax Amsterdam -1 – 2.05, PSV +1 – 1.80

You bet on Ajax -1 , 10 units at 2.05 odds.
If Ajax wins by 2 goals difference you take 20.5 units in return. If they win only by 1 goal difference you will get your stake back as the bet will be void. For any other result, your bet is lost.
You bet on PSV +1 , 10 units at 1.80 odds.

If PSV wins or there will be a draw, you win the bet and have a return of 18 units. If the Ajax wins by 1 goal, the bet is void and you get your money back. If Ajax wins by 2 goals or more you will loose the bet.
Which bookies give us a good asian handicap offer?

PinnacleSports is one of the best bookie on the market. Their main offer contains a lot of asian handicap betting options with very high odds. 188Bet has a similar offer with very good odds, while Bet365 will give you more asian handicap options for the same game.
How can we calculate easier the return?

Helptobet.com gives you the chance to calculate your betting profit, depending of your stake, odds and the type of asian handicap you’ve chosen. How it’s that? Just click here and follow the instructions to use this ansian handicap calculator.

1 Response to Asian Handicap Explained

Avatar

razvan

September 9th, 2010 at 12:01 am

wonderful article, congratulations

Categories

Follow us

twitter facebook google plus youtube